Post 15 of 30, How to Listen like a Consultant, instead of talking like a Saleperson

It has been said, that if you want to get great answers, you must learn to ask great questions. Please see below for a few tips on how to conduct a great consultation with your clients.

I will follow where they go.

I will not conduct an interrogation.

I will stay in curiosity.

I will use “I am curious…” in my next conversation.

I will be more conversational and use “Wow, tell me more…”

I will pay attention to how they relate and learn. Are they is auditory, kinesthetic or experiential.

I will listen more intently and repeat back what they say.

I will stay focused

I will establish rapport by asking questions like “Just wanted to make sure that I heard you?”.

I will let my client answer my questions.

I will ask what is important to them about buying/selling/investing/leasing Real Estate?

I will probe and discover what is really important to them and then explain my plan of action

I will be careful about what I investigate when there are choices.

I will know when I reach their 5, 6, 7. ( great technique taught by Joe Stumpf to discover their emotional needs, not just their transactional needs visit www.Bankableresults.com)

I will explain how my plan will help them accomplish what is very important to them.

I will only talk 25% of the time and listen the other 75%

I hope this helps,

Glenn

Be Sociable, Share!

About Glenn McQueenie

Glenn is the Operating Principal of Keller Williams Referred Realty and Broker of Record of Keller Williams Referred Urban Realty in Toronto. His first office was launched in 2004 and has now grown to over 230 agents in 2 offices. Glenn's passion is teaching, coaching and mentoring agents to help them get more referrals from their Sphere of Influence, converting more leads and getting additional transactions from every listing you take. Glenn is also committed to helping people have careers worth having, business worth owning and lives worth living.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply